In 2014 I launched Mentoring Mamas™, a peer to peer mentoring program for mompreneurs. My goal was to create a platform where women could come together while encouraging and empowering one another in their professional and personal lives. I also wanted a space that was kid-friendly for those who needed to bring their kids with them. This is huge because many times, especially as new moms, we don’t feel comfortable going certain places with the kids when others around us don’t have kids. And let’s face it, even if you are married or have help, the kids are still with YOU 90% of the time!
Today Mentoring Mamas™ has a closed Facebook page of over 100 mompreneurs! 90% of our group is local to Jacksonville, FL and the other 10 % is located all over the world. We have monthly face-to-face meetings as well as virtual meetings. But I wanted to do something special for the mamas on the weekend and without the kids. The event was open to the public and we promoted it with Angela Spears on Jax Engage, on WGCL 1360 AM, a local radio station in Jacksonville.
Click here to listen to the entire interview.
So I planned a mamas NIGHT OUT!! I wanted to have an event that was motivational, inspirational but also FUN. I invited J Diannne Tribble, a longtime friend and colleague as our guest speaker. Instead of having her speak in a lecture style, I decided to do an interview style (like Oprah does with her guests..yes I was Oprah for the night, lol). It allowed the attendees to hear both of our stories and how J Dianne reached the stage she is in now with a thriving business, loving husband and 3 successful children. In addition to being a life coach she is also an author of 3 books. Click here to connect with J Dianne.
Fun Fact: The day we interviewed with Angela, our special guest J Dianne Tribble also interviewed with her right before us (not planned). Look how God worked things out perfectly!!
3 Key Takeaways:
- Be intentional about creating authentic relationships
- Be confident in yourself because you believe it, NOT what someone tells you
- There is someone out there who needs your service or product
The food for the evening was sponsored by our friends at Publix!! “Where shopping is a pleasure”
We also had 3 fabulous vendors who shared with the attendees their products and services:
If you are looking for a space to hold an intimate event please contact JaLynne at No Lye Style Beauty and Boutique and book your space TODAY!! In addition to the event space she sells natural hair care products, apparel and accessories. If you are a local vendor I would encourage you to reach out to her as well, she has opportunities for local vendors to sell their products in the boutique.
This was one of those few times where you have a vision and it ALL comes together like you imagined. We had an amazing time! Look for more events in 2016.
Check out what our attendees had to say!
– It was a great event!
– Yes I met a lot of beautiful people.
– Thank you for inviting us, we had a nice time. When is your next event?
– I really had a great time! Thank you. Can I join Mentoring Mamas™?
– Thanks for inviting me Felicia I truly enjoyed myself!
– Thank you for the invite I had a great time and also learned a lot.
– I am truly empowered! Thank you Felicia.
– It was a great night. Thank you Felicia for creating an amazing program.
– Left feeling inspired and with so many ideas! Thanks!
– What a wonderful evening Felicia ! I’m so grateful for the years of authentic friendship and professional collaboration.
– Felicia thank you for allowing me to be a part of your vision. Mentoring Mamas is headed somewhere great! J Dianne Tribble when you speak the people listen! You were the perfect choice for the guest speaker. Enjoyed every Mama that was in attendance! Can’t wait to do it again!
Click here to learn more about the Mentoring Mamas™ program and connect with other mompreneurs in the Jacksonville community.